Indulging in a sumptuous dish like lobster mac and cheese is an experience that tantalizes the taste buds and warms the heart. Regarding this delicious dish that provides comfort, Ruth’s Chris Steak House has a legendary recipe that elevates the classic mac and cheese to a new level. This article will uncover the secrets behind Ruth’s Chris Lobster Mac and Cheese recipe. Get ready to savor a burst of flavors as we dive into the intricacies of this mouthwatering dish.
The Rich History of Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse
Before we delve into the recipe, let’s explore the rich history of Ruth’s Chris Steak House. Founded by Ruth Fertel in 1965, this iconic restaurant has been serving premium steaks and delectable dishes for decades. With a commitment to excellence and an unwavering dedication to quality, Ruth’s Chris has become synonymous with fine dining.
Ingredients You’ll Need
To recreate Ruth’s Chris Lobster Mac and Cheese at home, you’ll need the following ingredients:
For the Mac and Cheese:
- 2 cups of elbow macaroni
- 2 cups of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup of shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 1/2 cup of whole milk
- 1/4 cup of unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the Lobster:
- 1 1/2 cups of cooked lobster meat (preferably fresh)
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup of dry white wine
- 1/4 cup of chicken broth
- 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
The Cooking Process
Let’s now explore the detailed process of crafting this culinary masterpiece step by step:
1: Cooking the Macaroni
Bring water to a boil in a big pot. Add elbow macaroni and prepare as directed on the package. Drain, then set apart.
2: Preparing the Cheese Sauce
- To prepare the sauce, use another saucepan and melt the unsalted butter on medium heat.
- Whisk the all-purpose flour continuously until it forms a smooth roux.
- Gradually pour in the heavy cream and whole milk and whisk until the mixture thickens.
- Add the shredded sharp cheddar cheese and Monterey Jack cheese, stirring until the sauce becomes creamy and velvety.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
3: Sautéing the Lobster
- In a skillet, melt the unsalted butter over medium-high heat.
- Add the minced garlic and sauté for about a minute until fragrant.
- Stir in the cooked lobster meat and sauté for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Pour the dry white wine and chicken broth, allowing the mixture to simmer and reduce.
- Sprinkle grated Parmesan cheese over the lobster mixture and stir until it thickens. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
4: Combining the Elements
- Evenly coat the cooked macaroni with cheese sauce in a large mixing bowl. Gently fold in the sautéed lobster mixture, distributing it evenly throughout the mac and cheese.
The Ultimate Comfort Dish
Ruth’s Chris Lobster Mac and Cheese is the epitome of comfort food, offering a harmonious blend of creamy cheese sauce and succulent lobster. Whether you’re preparing it for a special occasion or simply craving culinary indulgence, this dish will impress even the most discerning palates.
Ruth’s Chris Lobster Mac and Cheese recipe is a culinary masterpiece that combines elegance and comfort in every bite. With its rich history and decadent flavors, it’s a dish that embodies the essence of fine dining. So, why not recreate this masterpiece at home and savor the taste of luxury?